Industrial Cutting Tools
|Ceramic cutting inserts, White, Black and Silicon Nitride, have been produced by gas pressure sintered, hot pressed, HIP and microwave sintered technologies, resulting in fine grains, highly dense structures that exhibit high ware resistance and toughness in addition to thermal and chemical stabilities.|
- GC10 (white color), called White Ceramic - This grade is HIP sintered Al2O3 toughened by Zirconia. It can be used for general rough, medium and finish cutting of cast irons.
- GC20 (pink color), called Pink Ceramic - This grade is HIP sintered Al2O3 with special additives. It can be used for general rough, medium and finish cutting of steels and cast irons with normal interruption.
- GC30 (black color), called Black Ceramic - This grade is HIP sintered mixture of Al2O3 with TiC/TiCN, and shows an excellent thermal shock resistance and wear resistance. It is widely used for finish and medium cutting of harden steels and soft cast irons without interruption.
- GC40 (Silicon Nitride) - Designed for rough turning of cast irons.
- GC43 (silicon Nitride) - Developed for high speed general and finishing turning cast iron.
- GC43B (silicon Nitride) - A modified version of GC43, it provides a tougher cutting edge, specifically for applications that require a more forgiving substrate.
- GC47 (silicon Nitride) - Specifically for high speed machining of nickel based alloys.
- GCTT (silicon Nitride) - Designed for milling applications involving cast irons.
- GCWK, called whisker reinforced grade - This grade offers greatly increased speeds and feeds over carbide, specifically for machining hardened steels, nickel and cobalt based refractory alloys.